Last Updated on April 29, 2021 by Jay Clover
In order to help you make the right decision upon the dropshipping tool you will use for your business, in this article, we compare two of the most famous tools: Oberlo and Spocket. Although they seem as same at first, there are many differences between them. They differ in their features, benefits and drawbacks, ease of use, price, and so on. We’ll look at each of them one by one.
Oberlo is the very own dropshipping tool of Shopify, so it doesn’t integrate with any other type of online store. It’s free to use if you have a Shopify store. What makes it great is that it’s very easy to use and comes with impressive features. It allows you to find the products you want to sell and import them directly into your store. Plus, it allows you to directly ship them to your customers.
Find Best-Selling Products
With Oberlo, you have millions of products to choose from. Use the “Order Volume” feature to access the marketplace. Then, you can search for products according to niche, e.g. home decor, beauty, and women’s fashion, as well as many other filters. In this way, you will discover the sales trends from the last 30 days and 6 months. You will also track and analyze the competitors using exclusive product import and pageview statistics.
Add Products Directly to Your Shopify Store with Ease
Using the Oberlo extension for Chrome, you can easily add products from AliExpress directly to your store. Choose the product you want to sell and a few clicks later, you have it in your Shopify store.
One-Click Order Fulfillment
Selling on Shopify is very easy thanks to Oberlo as it allows you to focus on the more important things, like marketing, not on filling out orders. Using the extension for Chrome, you can automatize the order fulfillment and have them ready with one click. The same goes for bulk orders.
Automatic Product Shipping
Once you send the order to the supplier, they will prepare the product and ship it directly to your customers. With that, you have more time to focus on marketing to achieve even better results. Also, you can focus on customer service to build a strong relationship with your customers (and the potential ones).
Oberlo allows you to track the orders from your customers and see where their product is. This will allow you to give them information regarding the order status and expected delivery dates.
With Oberlo, you get an unlimited number of orders per month without upgrading your subscription plan. In that way, it allows you to make the most of your store and the money invested in your business as well as to increase the chances of sales.
You can set the prices of your products manually using the data from Oberlo. This will assure you set prices that match the industry standards. You can set prices for each product individually or in bulk, using automated pricing. Moreover, you can use the automatic-update of prices for easier managing of your store.
You can customize the photos, descriptions, and titles of each of your products. This allows you to personalize your store according to your target audience and customers. Plus, by creating unique descriptions, you can rank higher on the search engine results page.
You don’t need to keep track of the supplier’s inventory as Oberlo will notify about every change. So, if they have only a small amount or no products left, you will know and won’t accidentally sell them to your customers. In addition, you will also be notified of any price changes.
Using the “Sales Dashboard” feature, you will track all the statistics about your store. This includes the sales, the products that sell the most, and other related data.
Apart from the above-mentioned ones, Oberlo has several other features, including:
- Variant mapping – Allows you to merge similar products with different colors and sizes and from a different supplier onto their product pages.
- Bulk orders – You can automate bulk orders and fulfill them with one click.
- Change suppliers – If you don’t like the current supplier, you can easily switch it with a new one.
- Add multiple users – Give access to your whole team to help you run the store.
- Captcha solver – Saves you time and nerves when placing bulk orders.
- Affiliate program – You can earn a commission for every product Admitad sells on their store.
- Multi-language program availability – English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, or Brazilian Portuguese.
- Abandoned cart reminder
- Email lists
- 24/7 customer support
Pros of Using Oberlo
Oberlo comes with lots of incredible features. Most of them are automated and one-click. This makes using it and managing your store much easier, even for novices in dropshipping. The benefits of using Oberlo include:
- User-friendly interface
- Easy to use
- Easy and secure product importing – directly import the products from AliExpress to your Shopify store.
- Automated order fulfillment – you can use this feature even for bulk orders.
- Daily product synchronization
- Automated inventory and pricing
- Automated shipping of products
- Bulk orders
- Orders tracking
- Inventory monitoring
- Unlimited orders – place as many orders as you want without additional charges.
- Option to customize your products
- Sales overview and tracking
- Ability to change suppliers
- Pricing markup options
- Inbuilt ePacket filter
- Free Chrome extension
Cons of Using Oberlo
- It works only with Shopify – Hence, you can’t use it with WooCommerce stores or other e-commerce platforms.
- It only supports AliExpress products – You can only sell products from AliExpress which many people find unreliable.
- Can’t work as a standalone service.
- The products you chose aren’t edited in Oberlo.
Oberlo is FREE to use if you have a Shopify store. Having in mind that it only works when integrated with Shopify, you must have a Shopify store. Although you don’t pay anything or using Oberlo, you will have to pay for your Shopify store. You can choose between 3 pricing models:
- Basic Shopify – $29/month
- Shopify – $79/month
- Advanced Shopify – $299/month
Spocket is a dropshipping app that integrates with WooCommerce stores, Shopify, and Printful. It offers products from the best dropshipping suppliers made in Europe and the USA. It also allows you to find suppliers from the UK, Australia, and New Zealand. In short, it allows you to choose between thousands of suppliers across the globe to find winning products.
List of Dropshipping Suppliers
Unlike most dropshipping apps, including Oberlo, Spocket doesn’t focus on products from Aliexpress. Instead, it offers products made from suppliers based in the USA, Europe, UK, Canada, and Asia.
Tens of Thousands of Products From Different Categories
Spocket can pride itself on its colossal marketplace. It offers users tens of thousands of high-quality products from many different categories, including Fashion and Clothing, Home and Garden, Electronics and Tech, Toys, Gaming, Automotive, etc. Therefore, you can choose the products according to your niche. Moreover, it offers print-on-demand goods, which ask for you to search for potential suppliers that can help you meet the needs of your customers.
One-Click Order Fulfillment
Spocket is synchronized with your store, so when a customer places an order, it automatically sends all the detail (name, address, etc) to the app. Plus, is directly sends all the information to the supplier. Then, you receive an email that confirms that the order has been sent to the supplier. When the supplier receives the request, it prepares the product(s) and ships it to the customer. Hence, there’s nothing for you to do but sit back, review the orders, and enjoy your success.
Managing a store can be stressful with all the orders and constant updating of inventory. But, this isn’t an issue with Spocket. It automatically updates your inventory every time a product is sold. Therefore, you will never sell a product that the suppliers don’t have.
One-Click Importing of Products
One of the time-consuming processes of managing a dropshipping business (and online stores, in general) is importing products. But, with Spocket, you can enjoy your work and save lots of time thanks to its one-click import feature. Using the one-click import button, you can import all products and their description in no time. Of course, you can still edit the detail if you want to. Also, you can check all product variants to make sure you don’t sell a variant you don’t like or feel comfortable selling.
Real-Time Order Tracking
Spocket allows you to track the status of your order in real-time. That allows you and your customers to know the progress of shipping.
Here’s one really cool feature of Spocket that allows you to automate the pricing process. You no longer have to set prices for each product you sell. Instead, the app does that for you based on the profit you set. You can calculate your profit by using a multiplier, percentage, or a fixed price rate. Apart from assuring you gain profit as much as you’d like, it also ensures you don’t overcharge your customers accidentally.
Fast Delivery Times
Unlike many dropshipping companies where customers have to wait for a month and over, Spocket allows you to offer your customers fast delivery times. They can receive their products between 2 and 5 days. This is because 60% of the suppliers are based in Europe and the US. Apart from being fast, the shipping of products is reliable and effortless.
While selling high-quality products, you don’t sell ones with outrageous prices. It’s because of the pre-determined discounts of up to 60% discount off the retail price agreed with the suppliers.
Unlike most dropshipping tools and apps, Spocket allows you to try the products before you decide whether to sell them or not. You can order sample products from the suppliers listed to test them and the shipping times. Moreover, this allows you to take your own photos, write reviews you can publish on your blog, thus building credibility.
Pros of Using Spocket
Spocket has plenty of pros, mostly due to its automation features. They make it very easy to use, even for complete beginners in dropshipping. The benefits of using this dropshipping app include:
- Easy Installation – To install this app, you have to: link your store to the app, take a quick tour of the app, find products you want to sell, and import the products to your store.
- One-click import of products
- Automatic updating of inventory
- Automatic order fulfilling
- Real-time order tracking
- Automatic pricing
Cons of Using Spocket
- Limited location of suppliers – Most suppliers are located in the US and Europe.
- You can sell on some popular e-commerce platforms – Those are Amazon, eBay, Wish, Etsy, and Groupon.
- No package customization – Unfortunately, you can’t customize your products’ packages to promote your brand.
- No direct contact with suppliers – Instead, for any issue or question you may have, you need to contact Spocket’s support.
- Taxes and customs duty fees aren’t included – You have to factor this at the bottom line of the products’ page.
Spocket offers several pricing plans:
- Starter – $19/month!
- Pro – $49/month
- Empire – $99/month
- Unicorn – $299/month
In order to make sure Spocket is the right dropshipping tool for you, this app offers you a 14-day free trial.
Differences Between Oberlo and Spocket
Now that we have looked at both dropshipping tools separately and in detail, we can summarize their differences. For greater convenience, we will divide them into various aspects.
Type of Dropshipping Tool
- Oberlo – a dropshipping software
- Spocket – a dropshipping app
Integration with Platforms
- Oberlo – only with Shopify
- Spocket – with any Woocommerce store and Printful
When it comes to the features, both of these dropshipping tools have them in abundance. While they share some of them, they also differ in some. Now, we’ll list the features they differ in:
- Automatic product shipping
- Unlimited orders
- Products customization
- Inventory monitoring
- Sales dashboard
- Variant mapping
- Bulk orders
- Change suppliers
- Add multiple users
- Captcha solver
- Affiliate program
- Multi-language program availability
- Abandoned cart reminder
- Email lists
- 24/7 customer support
- List of Dropshipping Suppliers
- Auto-Update Inventory
- Fast Delivery Times
- Wholesale Prices
- Sample Products
From this, you can see that Oberlo and Spocket share several features but differ in most of them. Based on the number of different features, it’s clear that Oberlo outcomes Spocket with some really impressive features. However, Spocket also has incredible features, such as the auto-update inventory, wholesale prices, and fast shipping times.
These two dropshipping tools also differ in their price, with:
- Oberlo – FREE with payments for the Shopify store starting from $29/month and up.
- Spocket – starting from $19/month and up.
More: Oberlo vs Spocket