Last Updated on December 29, 2021 by Jay Clover
The CV has become an essential document for any application, be it a job application, intern application, or university enrollment. It is the first thing any potential employee asks from you because it contains relevant information including personal and contact information, educational background, and skills.
The truth is, no one likes to write a CV. Probably, it’s because we have to choose a suitable template of the numerous available online and enter all relevant details. And, when we have to write a cover letter… well, we all know how hard coming up with a winning cover letter can be.
Fortunately, there are CV-building tools. They help us write a CV with many of them also offering a cover letter writing help. In this article, we look at Novoresume, one of the best-known online CV builders available. So, let’s check it out!
What Is Novoresume?
Novoresume was born in 2014 with the idea to help job-seekers showcase their talents in their CVs and resumes. The founders realized that many people have a problem creating a CV/resume that shows off their work experience and skills. So, they decided to explore the world of job hunting, HR, and recruiting to come up with templates for creating winning CVs and resumes.
They have combined their educational background in tech, design, and marketing, and have created a web-based tool that is simple to use and creates impressive and professionally-looking CVs and resumes. And, so, they have created the Novoresume CV and resume builder. This tool allows users to create CVs, resumes, and cover letters that are eye-catching and show off their experience, expertise, and skills to maximize their chances of getting hired.
Novoresume: User Experience and Ease of Use
When you open their website, the first thing you’ll notice is the simple, clean, and exceptionally organized user interface. It features two primary colors that are soothing for the eye, white and turquoise, and grey as a secondary color. All the content is categorized according to its context. This allows users to easily find what they are looking for. Moreover, all three builders are located in the navigation bar. You can easily switch among them with a single click without leaving the homepage.
Due to being web-based, Novoresume doesn’t require downloading or installing plug-ins. You just need to navigate to the site, choose the builder you need, choose a template, and customize it to your needs.
Thanks to its excellent UX design, this tool is very easy to use. You don’t need to have any tech skills or previous experience using this type of tool. Using the edit is also simple thanks to its drag and drop feature and the tips found on the left side of the screen. And, since the templates are ready-made, there’s no need for you to think about designing your resume, CV, or cover letter. You just need to fill in the blanks.
Novoresume offers users three features:
- Resume builder
- CV builder
- Cover letter builder
Each of them offers 12 templates you can choose from based on your needs. Every template is different in its design, elements, and content and emphasizes different skills. That’s why you need to choose the right template according to the job you apply for and the skills you want to show off.
Whether you have just graduated and looking for a job or you are a student looking for an internship, the resume builder is the place to start. This builder is perfect for those with no to 5 years of experience.
Writing a resume has never been easier!
There’s no need to google “How to write a resume?” or spend hours choosing the right template. With Novoresume’s Resume Builder, you will be able to do it in no time. Just choose the right template, edit it if you want, and enter your information in the designated fields. It’s that easy!
There are 12 templates, each with different layouts and various sections.
- Tech – a premium template perfect for those who apply for tech jobs
- Skill-Based – a premium template suitable for recent graduates and job-seekers who want to make a career change.
- Basic – for those looking for a simple resume that is easy to edit. You can personalize it based on your experience and needs and complete it in less than 10 minutes.
- Executive – an eye-catchy resume with a modern design that will stand out from the rest.
- General – a premium template that can be edited according to your personality, skills, and needs. It is the classic among resume templates. It can be used when applying for a job in most industries.
- Hybrid – for those who want a resume that is functional and points out their experience and skills.
- College – a modern version of the classic college resume available in various versions.
- Creative – for job-seekers who want to land a job in a creative industry.
- Functional – a resume template that emphasizes your work experience and strengths. It can be used for applying for a job in all industries.
- Modern – similar to the Basic, Executive, and College template but with a contemporary design, this template will make your resume stand out from the crowd.
- Professional – a template approved by various recruiters which increases your chances of getting a job.
- Simple – simple, just as its name says, this resume is perfect for those applying for a job in a conservative industry.
Regardless of which template you choose, you’ll be able to edit it in various ways. You can add features or optimize the skills thanks to its drag and drop feature. Also, you can change the font(s), font size, and optimize any section of the resume. Once you’re done, you can save and download it.
The CV Builder feature is for more experienced senior or expert job-seekers who are looking for a new job. The difference between the Resume Builder and this feature, apart from their purpose, is that CVs are longer, with more details on work experience and skills, and have a different layout.
There are also 12 templates, the same mentioned above, but with different characteristics.
- Tech – a premium template most suitable for professionals who want to get a job in the tech industry.
- Skill-based – a premium template for professionals who want to change their career and apply for jobs in different industries.
- Basic – suitable for professionals looking for a job in classic or creative industries. Thanks to its simple design, it can be easily personalized according to the industry you’re applying for.
- Executive – best for professionals with more than 5 years of experience and applying for senior-level jobs.
- General – a premium template that is versatile and easy to adjust according to the job you’re applying for. It can be used when applying for a job in any industry.
- Hybrid – a premium template for job-seekers who want to apply for a senior-level position that combines work experience and skills.
- College – for students who are applying for an internship or a job in academia or research where a CV of more than one page is required.
- Creative – perfect for professionals who want to apply for a job in start-ups or young companies which value creativity.
- Functional – most suitable for professionals with 10 years of work experience who want to emphasize their skills and experience.
- Modern – with a contemporary design, this template is best for job-seekers who want to emphasize their achievements in past workplaces and how they affect their performance.
- Professional – developed together with various recruiters, this template is bound to maximize your chances of getting hired.
- Simple – for Senior professionals with extensive work experience in conservative industries like law and banking.
Just like the Resume Builder, the CV Builder feature also allows you to customize any template you choose. You can edit the template, change the font, font size, colors, themes, theme background, and other elements. In short, you can customize the template you’ve chosen according to your preferences, needs, and the job you’re applying for.
Cover Letter Builder
Cover letters… nobody likes them, but we have to send them with our job application. Most of us find them hard to write because we’re not sure which information to include though we know what should be included. Plus, we’re not sure about the content organization and layout.
Well, Novoresume’s Cover Letter Builder makes sure you never doubt these things. You can choose between 12 impressive customizable templates and easily add and edit information. For an even easier cover letter writing experience, there are tips for writing a well-organized cover letter on the left side.
Cover Letter Templates
- Tech – intended for people applying for a job in the tech industry.
- Skill-Based – for those who want to change their career and show off their skills.
- Basic – the classic among cover letters, with clean and minimalistic design.
- Executive – similar to the basic template but with a more sophisticated and professional approach. It’s the perfect choice for those who want to knock recruiters off their feet. More importantly, it aligns with the requirements of employers and recruiters.
- General – a versatile template that can be customized to use for any job application regardless of the industry.
- Hybrid – for those who want to emphasize their skills and work experience equally.
- College – for students who apply for part-time jobs or internships and graduates who apply for a full-time job.
- Creative – for creative souls who want to match their CV and cover letter when applying for a job in creative industries and create an eye-catching application.
- Functional – a template that emphasizes your skills, experience, achievements, and strengths, thus increasing your chances of being called for an interview.
- Modern – a template with a modern design that is also functional, showing off your expertise.
- Professional – for professionals with years of experience who want to increase their chances of getting hired.
- Simple – a template with a simple layout that is perfect for job-seekers applying for a job in more conservative industries like law or academia.
Novoresume has two packages: Basic and Premium. The Basic package is forever free but has limited features. Namely, you can use only one-page resumes and must use the predefined layouts. Hence, you can’t customize the template chosen nor the font, font size, or anything else. Plus, you can’t use the Cover Letter Builder feature.
On the other hand, the Premium package offers you everything you need to create a stunning CV, resume, or cover letter. You get:
- Up to 10 pages per CVs and resumes
- The Cover Letter Builder feature
- Custom layout
- Creative backgrounds
- Option to create multiple versions of a document
- Up to 44 additional color themes
- 9 extra fonts
- Icons for Interests and Causes
- Specialized sections
- Creative rating styles
- Professional video tutorials
This package costs:
- $22.54 per month
- $45.09 per 3 months
- $112.73 per 12 months
If you want to save money, it’s best to choose the quarterly or yearly subscription plan.
When upgrading your free account to a Premium one, you don’t have to worry about automatic renewals because there’s NO SUCH THING here. When your subscription ends, you are no longer changed and can’t use the features from the Premium package.
Pros and Cons of Novoresume
- Easy to use
- Great UX design
- Free resume and cover letter samples
- No setup fees and hidden costs
- A great variety of templates
- Templates that suit your needs
- ATS-friendly templates
- No additional costs for multiple resumes
- Live feedback for improving your content
- Career blog with plenty of useful information
- The cover Letter Builder feature isn’t available in the free version.
- Templates aren’t customizable.
- No additional layouts nor an option to edit them.
- There’s no option to upload ready-made content.
- Poor customer support.
Once we consider the features, pros, and cons, we can conclude that Novoresume is an amazing resume, CV, and cover letter-building tool. It offers so much to users at an affordable price. Plus, you can use it for free with limited features.
You can choose the document you need to create based on your experience and needs. Also, you can choose the template that best suits you, your needs, and the job you are applying for. Whatever template you choose, you will be able to edit it based on your experience, skills, interests, preferences, and needs.
What makes Novoresume one of the best resume and CV builders is that it’s super easy to use. You can easily create an application that will stand out from the crowd. With that, you will increase your chances of being invited for an interview.
No more wondering how to create your resume or how to write a good cover letter. Novoresume takes care of everything. Yours is just to choose the most suitable template and customize it to reflect your education, work experience, and skills.
- Velvet Jobs