Last Updated on December 1, 2021 by Jay Clover
Helium 10 is another piece of powerful research software to help make choosing your Amazon FBA products much quicker and easier than spending hours manually scrolling through the Amazon website.
With over 2 million sellers on Amazon, you need to be sure that the products you want to sell are going to worth your time and investment and Helium 10 contains multiple features to make sure you do just that.
Helium 10 Features
Helium 10 contains multiple features and we’re going to have a look at the ones most commonly used:
Helium 10 Chrome Extension
The Chrome Extension as you may have guessed, integrates into your Chrome Browser and helps you to evaluate the products you’re already thinking about selling. It consists of five tools including:
• Xray – This extension tool allows you access to over 450 million ASINs, to help you to really narrow down the results of your product research. I like this tool so much that I’m going to save this one for later down in the article for a more in-depth look.
• ASIN Grabber – The ASIN Grabber is great for a one-click snapshot of the top results on Amazon. This can come in particularly handy if you are interested in selling more seasonal products as you can save the results into a CSV file and then view them again later on in the year to compare and see how the results change.
• Profitability Calculator – This tool is pretty self-explanatory in that it enables you to see how profitable a product could potentially be!
Use this tool when you already have an idea of exactly what products you’re looking to sell and you know what the supplier is going to charge you.
• Inventory Levels – Quickly check your competitors’ inventory levels with this tool. Great if you’re thinking of potentially lowering the price of one of your products and you want to see if it’s the right time to do so.
• Review Downloader – Quickly export hundreds of your competitors’ product reviews into Excel and spot any potential issues with the products (e.g. do they keep arriving faulty?).
Helium 10 Gems
Gems allows you to create SEO friendly URLs for your products which can really help to improve the ranking of your listings.
The seven URLs you need to know as an Amazon seller are:
1. Canonical URL – search engine friendly Amazon URL
2. Add to Cart – Send your traffic directly to the ‘add to cart’ page.
3. Frequently Bought Together – Send traffic to a cart page that combines 2 or more products.
4. 2-Step Storefront URL – Target specific keywords when sending customers to Amazon by restricting products by storefront and keyword.
5. 2-Step Brand URL – Target specific keywords when sending customers to Amazon by restricting products by brand and keyword.
6. 2-Step via Hidden Keyword – Target specific keywords when sending customers to Amazon by restricting products using ASIN as hidden keyword.
7. 2-Step via Field ASIN – Target specific keywords when sending customers to Amazon and restrict ASIN using field-asin.
Helium 10 Cerebro
Cerebro is basically the bread and butter of Helium 10 and has been designed to help you destroy your competition by discovering their keyword strategy. It’s a Reverse ASIN keyword research tool enabling you to find the best keywords to target, which in turn can have a huge effect on your ranking and sales.
Simply paste the ASIN of a product on Amazon into Cerebro and it will show you all the different keywords the product ranks for.
Cerebro even has an IQ Score which tells you how good certain keywords are. The higher the score, the better those keywords.
Helium 10 Xray
Another one of Helium 10’s most popular tools and a personal favorite of mine simply down to the sheer amount of crucial data you can view with this.
You can view tons of data with this tool alone including the average revenue over 30 days, the av. price, av. BSR, av. Reviews and a Success Score (i.e how likely are you to have success with that particular product).
A really cool feature of Xray is that you can delete any of the results you don’t like the look of. For example, you may notice that some of the # of reviews won’t match up with the BSR results. For instance, if a product is selling thousands of units per month but only has two or three reviews, they have likely been the victim of a review purge (Amazon can be pretty ruthless with removing reviews that they don’t feel follow their policies) and these results can, therefore, mess with the accuracy of the Average Reviews data you’re looking at. So again, it’s usually best to get rid of these to get a more accurate snapshot of what you’re looking at.
Pro’s & Cons’s
Helium 10 was created to make the task of finding the right products to buy quicker and easier.
The software can seem a little intimidating at first, especially if you’re new to Amazon selling and it will take a while to learn how to use the different functions properly but,
once you’ve learnt how to fully utilize it, it could help make a huge difference to your business.
Helium 10 have their own channel on YouTube full of tutorials which are massively handy if you’re just starting out with them.
I’m struggling to think of any major bad points with this software.
Helium 10 vs Jungle Scout
Helium 10 clearly has more tools than Jungle Scout but does that necessarily mean it’s better?
Jungle Scout is known for its ease of use and therefore might be better for the newer Amazon sellers. When you’re a more seasoned seller and you’re looking to start selling £30-40k of products per month, Helium 10 might be the way to go.
Just always remember to regularly check the accuracy of your data on any program you use. No matter how many tools a bit of software might have, if it’s not accurate enough, it’s as good as useless!
Both Helium 10 and Jungle Scout have fairly good records for their accuracy but they can always be subject to change.
Helium 10 Pricing & Free Trial
Helium 10 gives you a few different options depending on how many tools you need.
I love that you get a free version, although (understandably) it is very limited and you’re not going to be able to use this to run your whole Amazon FBA store.
The a la carte menu is a nice idea although as soon as you pick more than one or two tools, you’re best of just getting the $97 per month plan.