Last Updated on May 4, 2021 by Jay Clover
If you want to maximize your chances of getting sales and win in dropshipping, you need winning products. These products are best-sellers and getting the most engagement on social media. And, getting views, likes, comments, and shares means that people are interested in that product.
But, how to find winning products?
Most, if not all, dropshippers use product research tools to find the best-selling products on the market. There are plenty of them, so you don’t have to worry about finding a research tool. However, choosing the right one among all the available on the market can be a real quest.
When looking for a product research tool, you need to define several things, including your budget, experience in dropshipping, niche, dropshipping platform, and your preferences and needs. This is because not all research tools list all products dropshipped in the world, work with all (the same) platforms, nor are simple and with the same features. Plus, not all of them cost the same.
While all these aspects are very important to consider, we believe that the budget may be the top one, especially for beginner dropshippers. It’s because novices usually start with a very low and limited budget, hoping to find as many freebies as possible. Having in mind that most (all) platforms are paid, they hope to find a free dropshipping tool or at least one that is cheap.
With that in mind, we’ve looked for product research tools of all types and costs. So, here, we cover the best ones, from FREE to those with a free trial, to paid ones. Of course, they differ from each other in many aspects and features, they are all worth checking out. So, let’s read on!
Best Free Product Research Tools
We’ll start with the free tools since they are most appealing to dropshippers. They are great for starters and those who want to save money whenever possible.
AliExpress Dropshipping Center
This is one of the most popular free product research tools in dropshipping. As its name suggests, it’s designed specifically for AliExpress dropshippers. Hence, you can use it on any platform, like Shopify, which supports selling AliExpress products.
What makes it the best free product research tool is that is features 2 impressive tools:
#1: Find AliExpress Products to Sell
This tool helps you find products to sell in your store. It includes 3 tools to ensure you find the best-sellers in your niche, including:
- Hot Selling – shows all hot dropshipping products per a specific category and offers many sorting options.
- AliExpress Product Research: Search by image – helps you find products by uploading an image.
- AliExpress Product Research: Sponsored Products – shows products that have been sponsored by suppliers.
#2: AliExpress Product Analysis
As its name suggests, this tool shows you data for a specific product. Namely, you need to input the product’s URL and you’ll get a lot of information on its sales and logistics.
Although this tool is exquisite, you should keep in mind that it offers only basic product research options.
Another very popular and great free product research tool is Thieve. This one shows you the trending products on AliExpress. While it’s great for giving you inspiration if you don’t know which products within your niche to sell, it doesn’t offer more than that. Namely, once you sign up for a free account, it will show you the popular products at that time. It also allows you to sort the products by a category for easier search.
Thieve also has a paid product research tool, which offers a lot more than this one and comes with some great features. However, since it’s paid, we won’t talk about it more, just to keep it in mind as an option.
Product Research Extensions
Apart from using a product research tool app/software, you can also use extensions. Currently, there are 3 great extensions for Chrome you can use to easily find best-selling products for your store. Those are:
- Commerce Inspector – This tool shows you the best-selling and new products per a specific store. It also shows you which app the store is using as well as their ads as it’s integrated with the Facebook Ad Library. Moreover, its Dropshipping Trends feature shows you trending products.
- Asify – This tool is similar to AliExpress Dropshipping Center but offers more information per each product. What’s important to mention about this tool is that it can be used only on a browser that uses the Chrome Web Store.
- Turbo Ad Finder – As its name suggests, this extension shows Facebook ads and their posts. If you want to make the most of it, you have to show Facebook you are interested in a particular product or products from a particular store(s). You can do this by liking the ads, going to the stores that paid for those ads, and add their products to your cart as if you were shopping. Facebook will think you want to buy them and will show you more and more related ads.
Best Paid Product Research Tools With Free Trial or Account
Now that we’ve looked at the best completely free product research tools, it’s time to check out the best paid tools that offer a limited free account or a trial.
Sell The Trend
Don’t you just like how it sounds? As if it tells you that you’ll find the currently trending products on the market and you’ll probably sell them. Of course, the selling part depends on many things, mostly on your marketing strategy.
Sell The Trend is a highly recommended and very popular dropshipping product research tool. It offers so much, including:
- Searches for the most popular and top-rated products on AliExpress.
- Watches for the most trending or highest-ranked products on Amazon.
- Checks out the most popular stores on Shopify.
- Adds the latest products from Shopify.
- Looks for the best products advertised on Facebook.
- Adds all data in THE NEXUS to provide users with the trending and most popular products on the market.
One downside of this tool is that it doesn’t offer a free account. However, it offers a 7-day trial. During that time you can use all its features, without any limitations. If you don’t like to continue with it, you can cancel the trial at any time.
Here’s another very popular product research tool for dropshipping. Niche Scraper comes with some great features, such as:
- Offers a section for hand-picked products.
- Allows you to search for products by niches and many other filters.
- Contains 4 tools that work on searching and finding the best-selling products on the market.
Although with fewer features and product research tools in it that Sell The Trend, Niche Scraper offers users a completely free account for life. Of course, it doesn’t have all the features of the paid version but it’s still great for beginners or those with a limited budget. But, if you want to get access to all the features, you will have to upgrade it to the full version, which costs $39/month. And, it comes with a free trial that allows you a few free searches in each category.
The last product in this section is the well-known Ecomhunt. This product research tool, as its name suggests, hunts the best-sellers on the market and adds a few winning products every day. Per each product, they provide a lot of information, including Facebook Ads targeting, price, video ad, product description to get you inspired, and much more. They also offer Jack Kaching, a free 1-on-1 expert consultant for PRO users.
What makes this tool amazing is that it offers a free account for life. While it does have limited options, it’s still great for beginners. If you want to enjoy all of its features, you can, even if you are on a limited budget because it costs only $20/month. Plus, it offers a free trial, so you can explore and try all its features.
Best Paid Product Research Tools
And, the last section of this article is dedicated to the best product research tools on the market. They are paid and don’t have a free account. Also, they don’t have free trials but ones at a very low price. But, they do come with the most impressive features you’ve seen. And, if you are a beginner with enough budget or want to win the game, these tools are the ones you should consider.
Dropship Spy is one of the favorites among the paid product research tools for dropshippers. It’s because it comes with incredible features and yet doesn’t cost a fortune. Some of its features include:
- It contains 10 different tools.
- Adds 5 winning products every day.
- Helps users find trending products in a few seconds.
- Spy’s your competitors’ stores and provides you with all their data like sales, best-sellers, traffic sources, etc.
- Provides A LOT OF product details, including the number of sales, potential profit, product description, Facebook Ads analysis, Facebook Ads sample text, free video ad, AliExpress and Amazon reviews, AliExpress suppliers, audience builder, and ideal influencers.
As mentioned above, Dropship Spy doesn’t cost a fortune. It costs $20/month, which is affordable for many dropshippers, especially those who are ready to invest some money to take their business to another level.
If you are looking for an all-in-one product research tool, SaleHoo is for you! It’s one of the most popular dropshipping tools on the market and has over 2.5 million products and over 8.000 verified suppliers (as claimed by the company).
What makes this tool so amazing is that it:
- Shows your products that are in high demand, profitable, and low-competitive.
- Helps you find a profitable niche if you haven’t already chosen one.
- Plenty of filters to find exactly what you are looking for.
- Lists products from renowned brands like Nike, HP, etc.
SaleHoo offers 3 pricing plans, with the lowest price at $27/month. You can save 20% if you pay annually.
If you dropship on Amazon or are about to start, Jungle Scout is the product research tool you have to consider. This tool helps you find profitable niches and products as well as verified suppliers for those products. It comes with an Amazon FBA profit calculator and helps you find the suppliers of your competitors.
What makes it great for Amazon dropshipping is that it perfectly integrates with Amazon. In that way, it allows you to monitor all your products from the Jungle Scout’s dashboard. And, since it gets all its data from Amazon, it has an accurate database.
In terms of pricing, it comes with 3 pricing plans, with the lowest price of $39/month. But, if you pay anually, you’ll save up to 55%. Plus, they offer a 14-day money-back guarantee.
The last product research tool on our list is the well-known Pexda. This tool, like Ecomhunt and Dropship Spy, adds several handpicked winning products every day. It gets all its data from AliExpress, so you will find the best-sellers of this marketplace with ease.
What makes Pexda a great option for product research is that it:
- Helps you find the best selling and trending products each day.
- Shows you the best-performing Facebook Ads at the moment.
- Helps you find the target audience that has the best conversion rates.
Pexda has 3 pricing plans, with the lowest price at $30/month. It also offers a 14-day trial for $1.95 for the lowest plan.